Thursday, February 4, 2010

"Oops" was the only thing that came out of my mouth on the cool summer morning that I had the biggest "blonde" moment of my life. I had taken my daughter to school a few hours earlier and decided to pay a few bills online. So excited that I had the whole day off and nothing to do accept play on the internet and pay some bills until it was time to get my daughter again. Walking into the kitchen to get a cold drink of water I got a craving for some popcorn. I decided to pop a bag into the microwave, and jump right back to the internet to finish my bills and check my email. A few minutes later I smelled the popcorn, only it smelled like it was on fire! I ran to the microwave just in time to open it and have a huge cloud of smoke hit me in the face and fill the whole room. I quickly took the bag of steaming hot popcorn that looked as black and crispy as charcoal out onto the deck. I set that bag on top of my new plastic picnic table and left the patio door open to air out the house. I returned once again to the computer. It wasn't untill almost 20 minutes later that I thought about getting the bag of popcorn and throwing it away. The first thihng I saw as I stepped outside was almost half of the patio was in huge flames! I paniced and flew back into the house. I went right past the fire extinguisher several time to fill buckets of water and pour it on the flames. It took me about 20 minutes to out the flames out. My heart was beating so fast it felt as if it was going to beat out of my chest. I was very thankful, however, that I got the fire out in time

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is quite a story!

    -Stephanie (who is a little sensitive about "blonde" moments herself)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! I'm glad you didn't get hurt. Why did your popcorn catch on fire though?

    ReplyDelete